Monkey Island Hotel
Old Mill Lane, Bray-On-Thames, Berkshire SL6 2EE
Telephone: +44(0)1628 623400
Fax: +44(0)1628 675432
Monkey Island, near the village of Bray-on-Thames lies one mile downstream from Maidenhead and is within easy reach of Royal Windsor and London.
DIRECTIONS BY CAR
- Leave M4 at J8/9. At roundabout take 3rd exit onto A308(M), towards Maidenhead (Central).
- At the next roundabout take 3rd exit onto A308, signposted Windsor.
- Take the left turning signposted to Bray into the Upper Bray Road (B3028).
- As you approach Bray, take the first turning right into Old Mill Lane, opposite the Crown.
- Straight over the crossroads, follow Old Mill Lane, passing over the motorway.
- At the end of the lane, turn left at the pink house and enter the car park.
- Access to the Island is via a footbridge beside a small green hut.
There is ample free parking on the mainland prior to crossing the footbridge onto the island. Cars are parked at owner’s risk and we remind guests to remove all personal or valuable items as a precaution. Disabled car parking spaces available.
BY RAIL FROM PADDINGTON TO MAIDENHEAD STATION
The train journey takes 40 mins. Monkey Island is a 10-minute taxi ride from the station.
Monkey Island lies between Bray Lock and Boulter’s Lock. There are mooring points on the mainstream side along the gardens, as well as a landing stage for smaller boats on the backwater.
Helicopter landing directly on the island is available with prior notice.
White Waltham, 01628 829329, is the nearest airfield for private planes.
– London Heathrow 10 miles
– Gatwick 70 miles
– Luton 50 miles
– London City Airport 35 miles
– White Waltham 5 miles